EDFOD 3rd International Photography Contest
Edremit Photography and Cinema Art Association (EDFOD)
3rd International Photography Contest of EDFOD is in 4 sections;
- 1-DIGITAL: OPEN (Color)
- 2-DIGITAL: OPEN (Monochrome)
- 3-DIGITAL: PEOPLE (Monochrome & Color)
- 4-DIGITAL: TRAVEL (Monochrome & Color)
Definition of the black and white photography (monochrome):
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon. On the other hand, a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon.
4) CONDITIONS of ENTRY:
- The contest is welcome to all amateur and professional photographers all over the world, apart from the Salon Chairman, Jury and and their relatives
- All participants can submit up to 4 (four) photographs for each category. The same image or color or B&W version of the same image cannot be submitted to more than 1 (one) category.
- If the participant submits a work which the copyright which does not belong to him/her, executes any alterations or changes on the photo that does not belong to him/her to mislead the jury, will be counted as making a rule violation.
- The awards, titles and all kinds of gains of the participant who do not comply with the rules are taken back. The place of the canceled prize is left blank. If a prize has been awarded, the participant must return the prize.
5) RIGHT OF PUBLICATION AND COPYRIGHT (USE)
- The award-winning or accepted photographs shall be registered in the archive of the EDFOD.
- b) Participant; From the date of the conclusion of the contest, the photographs that are entitled to receive awards and acceptance must be processed as defined in Article 21 of the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works No. 5846, reproduction defined in Article 22, dissemination defined in Article 23, representation defined in Article 24 and 25. The financial rights of transmission to the public by means of the sign, sound and/or image transmission defined in the article, as well as in accordance with other relevant legislation, in the promotion of the regulatory institution in the internet, visual and written media channels without limitation of place and content, and in the publications of the name and the name of the work (In some instance like photo collage,graphics etc. the name of the author cannot be used). During this period, the right to use the works will belong to the regulatory organization(EDFOD) together with the owner of the work.
- For the works used in this way, the owner of the work shall not revoke the right of use of the awards and exhibitions specified in this specification and shall not prevent the use of the work in the above manner, or that he or she has no further claims of rights and receivables from the regulatory institutions and sponsors for this permission/consent, and he/she irrevocably accepts, declares and undertakes that it will not make moral or monetary claims.
- The participants who submit their work for the contest shall be deemed to have declared and committed that the works submitted for the contest belong to them. EDFOD shall not accept any responsibility regarding the permissions and copyrights for the participants’ photographs.
- Any copyright responsibility for the architectural structures, work of art, human faces, etc. that appear on the photographs belongs to the participant. The participants who submit photographs for the contest declare and commit that the necessary permissions with regard to the photographs have already been obtained by them, and that they will assume full responsibility in case of any disputes that may arise in connection with these works. Municipality of Aladag, EDFOD shall not accept any responsibility in this regard.
- On the issues that are not addressed in the specifications, the decisions taken by the the Organizing Committee shall be applicable together with.
6) SUBMITTAL OF PHOTOGRAPHS
- All participants must enter the http://www.yarisma.edfod.org/ to join the contest. They must accept the Conditions of Participation (entry rules). Participants must to check the accept box.
- If you have any problems while uploading/sending the photos (if user-induced errors occur in the system over the Internet or in the event), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, the problem will be resolved as soon as possible. . This address is only used when there will be photo upload problems. You should not send photos with this e-mail. If you send your photos to this email, we do not accept your input.
- Photos are sent in digital format, in JPEG format and as an image file with a photo size less than 1 Mb and not larger than 4 Mb. No need for pixels!!!
- Photography naming is mandatory. Name of the file must be maximum 31 characters. English letters and underscore ( _ ) can be used. Turkish characters ı, ö, ü, ç, ğ, ş must not be used.
- Photographs will be loaded online http://www.yarisma.edfod.org/ via using this web address.
- EDFOD will not be responsible for potential problems related to the uploading of the works.
- Photographs containing Photographer’s name, mark, logo, date or signature will be rejected.
- By signing up on the EDFOD website, http://www.yarisma.edfod.org/ and uploading their photographs, the participants are deemed to have accepted the conditions of participating in the contest. This specifications document will become effective as of the date the contestant submits his/her photograph for the contest. By participation, the contestants are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of the specifications. Contestants are not entitled to object to the terms and conditions of the specifications at a later date.
7) ENTRY FEE
- The entry fee is mandatory for all participants and € 5 for 4 categories. Turkish participants will pay 20 TL for 4 categories. All participants must pay the entry fee.
- The fee can be paid via PayPal or credit card. PAYPAL: email@example.com
- Turkish participants can also pay to this bank account;
İş Bankası Edremit/Balıkesir Şubesi
IBAN: TR83 0006 4000 0012 1231 2668 02
- The awards won by the participants (excluding the certificates) will be sent via the Turkish National Cargo without tracking system, and the participants who want their parcel sent with tracking system, they should pay 8€ for postage.
- The works of the authors who did not pay the fee would not be taken into consideration..
- Closing Date : 10.10.2022/ 23.59 (Local Time)
- Jury Meeting : 15-16.10.2022
- Announcement of Results : 18.10.2022
- Exhibition and Award Ceremony : Dec 2022, Dec 2022 OTOFOKUS Photography&Art Sending Date of Award and Web Catalog : Dec 2022
8. JURY :
|Özcan ŞİMŞEK||Photographer AFIAP, QPSA, HIUP, ASAP|
|Nibal Yerli Bekten||Photographer|
|Ömer Faruk Sarı||Photographer|
10. AWARDS / ACCEPTANCES:
First Place: Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
Second Place: Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
Third Place: Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
Honorable Mention: Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
***Acceptances will be no less than 8% and no more than 25% in each category
***All awards will be sent to award owners by post. All diplomas of the salons will be sent as an ediploma (signed by salon chairman) to winners’s e-mail adresses